Atkinson’s Discount in Pageland, S.C., has been around since 1982, and brothers Rick and Randy Atkinson have a pretty good handle on what their local customers want and need. The business started off in
You might call Jody Caldwell an accidental retailer. He had been in the auto collision repair business for 30 years. That business was bought out three years ago and he retired. “I’d always been
No matter how much work you think it takes to open a hardware store, it takes more. Sam Yoder House-Hasson gives us good service and I’m very pleased with them,” says Sam No matter
John Moore has had a dream for a long time to open a store that could sell everything his customers could ever want. That dream has become a reality, with the opening of the new
Open a New Hardware Store
New Store Incentive
• House-Hasson has negotiated deals with over 150 name-brand vendors for qualifying dealers opening a new hardware store, offering approximately 50% off both drop-ship and warehouse programs on average.
• These remarkable savings will make your inventory investment much lower as you get your new store up and running. These deals cover all your major departments and will get the product core assortments into your store where you can then add backfill as you desire.
What House-Hasson Will Do for You
• The House-Hasson Marketing Team will visit your new hardware store and help you develop a detailed plan to expand or start your business.
• Provide demographics of your new store’s potential customer base.
• Measure the space you want for your new hardware store and then lay out a new store plan to maximize the available retail square footage.
• Layout a fixture plan with departments, then custom core assortments along with vendors on the “New Store Deal” on a CAD drawing of your new hardware store.
• House-Hasson employees have over 20 years of experience setting new hardware stores: we eliminate the guesswork.
Store program support for opening a hardware store:
• Online advertising system to create your own circulars, flyers, postcards, statement stuffers, and ads to be used monthly, weekly, or even daily.
• Digital library to choose items for creating ads; you can add your own unique products.
• Ability to send paper advertising out with our shared mail partner and also focus your ads towards online consumers.
• We create hardware store websites for our dealers, using search engine optimization, email marketing, Facebook marketing, and other means to get your offerings to your consumers.
• We partner with the retail vendors needed to run a business, from credit card processors to sign and fixture companies.
Programs that make you efficient and profitable as your new store grows:
• Communication with many point-of-sale computer system companies and the ability to communicate with other POS vendors as needed.
• Our etoolbox.net website lends efficiency to tasks such as dealers’ ordering, searching products, viewing useful reports, paying online, and much more.
• Strategic retail pricing programs are available that are easily customized in many ways.
• House-Hasson helps with special events, including new store grand-opening events.
• We offer many monthly specials for dealers’ benefit, stock over 55,000 items, and we have three dealer markets annually to offer fantastic deals with dating to give you more margin.
• House-Hasson offers a low cost of doing business, with no mandatory programs to use, and we help you maintain your independence in your community.
Testimonials – From customers who have opened a new store.
“House-Hasson was here with a reset crew the day we took over our third store. The reset crew was wonderful. The customer service at House-Hasson is very good. It’s a family business just like ours. We love our salesman, who we view as part of the family.”
- Whitney Grubb, Sloan’s Village Home Center, Loudon, Tenn.
“House-Hasson showed us a proposed layout for the sales floor and were a big help with planning the as- sortment. They helped us make some key decisions about how to proceed. It’s reassuring to know that they don’t wan to dictate everything to us.”
- Skip Miller, Miller Lumber Company in Augusta, KY and Miller’s Home Center in Brooksville, KY
“House-Hasson is to distribution what I want us to be with our customers–they make you feel like a part- ner and you’re not just a number. You can talk to the owner or top execs anytime.”
- John Glenn, Discount Dan’s Home Center, Sheffield, AL
“House-Hasson knew we had three other locations, so they suggested we bring merchandise from other stores to see how it look here. That was a good idea and saved us time and money. They jumped in here and cam up with an assortment plan and did all the merchandising. That was a big help to us.”
- Rex Coggins, Booneville Lumber and Booneville Hardware & Supply, Booneville, MS
“It’s by far the largest store ever set up and serviced by House-Hasson, with contributions coming from every area of the company. Everyone at House- Hasson has been great to work with.”
- John Moore, Moore’s Feed Store, Pontotoc, MS
“House-Hasson really stepped up with the planning to help us rebuild. They were very accessible and open to suggestions, helping us with endcaps, signage and planograms”
- Brian Walker, Discount Building Supply, Guntersville, AL
For more information contact House-Hasson Hardware at 1-800-333-0520