Atkinson’s Discount in Pageland, S.C., has been around since 1982, and brothers Rick and Randy Atkinson have a pretty good handle on what their local customers want and need. The business started off in
You might call Jody Caldwell an accidental retailer. He had been in the auto collision repair business for 30 years. That business was bought out three years ago and he retired. “I’d always been
Retail Profit Management
Independent hardware stores, lumber dealers, home centers and farm stores can keep their stores interesting and fresh if they can consider an indoor and outdoor renovation along with updated product offerings, assortments and fixture layout every five years. House-Hasson can be your partner for updates like these based on market changes, opening a new facility in a different market, or expanding your present location.
House-Hasson has the marketing tools within the RPM program to help you create your update plan. New store and remodels have significant vendor incentives available for this program. RPM is offered in a menu format, enabling our customers to pick and choose what they want in their stores.
Our market-specific business plan for you will review:
- Information on your market and its demographics.
- Comparing your market position to your key competitors.
- Your five-year financial pro-forma, reviewed by our CFO: a two-page template in excel to review owner’s expenses and five-year investment performance.
- Demographics for your trade area revealing specific categories at present as well as a five-year projection.
- A pricing strategy RPS that introduces a variable pricing program plan. It also provides recommendations to make you more competitive on sensitive items and to produce more margin on less sensitive items. Additionally, a template will suggest margin improvements by nine different sensitivity codes.
- A space and product assortment planning program RMS that compares your assortments and space to those of your key competitors and makes improvement recommendations
- A recommended advertising program to promote your store’s breadth of inventory.
- A detailed store design plan with departments, core assortments, fixtures, décor, and a process to increase market share by maximizing the retail sales area with the least amount of disruption to your business.